- To preserve the cultural heritage of the desert districts.
- To promote the traditional art, music and dances of the desert districts.
- To organize and mobilize the traditional artisans/musicians of these regions and endeavor to provide support to them.
- To encourage and promote young artisans/musicians of the young generation and endeavor to provide support to them.
- To impart training on traditional dance forms, music and various musical instruments.
- To organize stage performances, programme and workshops on these issues.
- To create interest among the youth regarding the traditional music and dance forms of the desert district and encourage them to take it up as a livelihood option
- The folk music of western Rajasthan must get recognition at large & being a way of living it most get associated with the formal educational system so that people by realizing it can take up this a means of livelihood & could get recognition as a whole.
- Preservation & Promotion of folk music of the Western Rajasthan borders Pakistan in the west, in terms of providing livelihood through this.
- To put efforts to spread awareness about the values, believes associated with the same.
- To preserve & promote the professional folk music communities & their young generation from disappearance.