Lok SamvadSansthan (LSS), registered in 2001 under the Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958, is a Nonprofit organization (NGO), working for the last 20 years in strengthening the communication resources of the development sector and promoting the dimension of professional orientation in the field of Advocacy, Communication and Media. LSS has been working on a large number of Government, Non-Government, Corporate and international organizations assignments, which are addressing various social development/ public issues, policies and programs, projects dealing with human development in Rajasthan and in the country at large.
The organization is dedicated towards the upliftment of social and developmental activities in the field of media, education, ethnic community, and communication for development through numerous outcome-oriented projects. We have mostly completed various projects as an implementing partner of UNICEF- Rajasthan for the last 15 years.
Innovation or innovative ideas towards the welfare of society is encouraged by our organization.
Legal status of the agency and date of Registration:
- 1. Registered under the Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958. on 27th May 2000 vide S.No. 91/Jaipur/2000-2001.
(Copy of the Registration attached as Annexure- B.
- 2. Registered under NGO partnership System(NGO Darpan) with Niti Ayog (Govt of India) vide RJ/2017/0120268
- 3. Registration No CSR 00018582 dt 2-12-21 for undertaking CSR activities (PAN AAAAL4055D) from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (Govt of India)
- 4. Registered on UN Partners portal.
- 5. Registered under 80G Income Tax and 12 (A)
Outline the organization’s mandate, the field of work and geographic coverage
Lok Samvad Sansthan is a voluntary, non-political, people-based development organization, in principle aims at bridging the communication gap between the Government, media and the people by establishing a focused dialogue to facilitate a people participation action and two-way translation of government/ welfare programs and people’s aspirations. The areas of focus action are women and children, grassroots Journalists, mainstream media and media professionals in India with a focus on Rajasthan. (www.loksamvadindia.org)
The executive board of LSS consists under the chairmanship of Prof. Kul Bhushan Kothari (Educationist) – Prof. Ghanshyam Dhar,(Education Expert) (Treasurer) Punit Kothari, Pankaj Godha, (Both from the social sector) M.R. Singhvi – Communication Specialist, Kalyan Singh Kothari – Communication & Media Expert.(Secretary)
Outline the distinctive technical capacity of the organization
The projects of our organization have dealt with human development, while the media capacity-building workshops, media content analysis and monitoring of coverage of developmental subjects in newspapers and online media have set new benchmarks in these domains. We undertake, promote and participate in public affairs research, studies and documentation with the aim of effective utilization and dissemination for advocacy and action in sustainable human development. We work in all 33 districts across Rajasthan since the year 2000. The broad area of expertise of the organization is:
- Capacity Building
- Technical Support
- Advocacy and Networking
Lok Samvad Sansthan has taken many new initiatives for the media field which are unique and impressive and got recognition from all over India.
In addition, the areas of operations of LSS cover Advocacy and Research, Art & Culture, Children, Eco-tourism, Education & Literacy, Environment and Natural Resource Management, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Labour & Employment, Legal Awareness & Aid, Panchayati Raj, Right to Information & Advocacy, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Tribal Welfare, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Water and Sanitation, Women’s Development & Empowerment, social mobilization and Youth Affairs. We also work for the promotion of sustainable development.
We use Popular and traditional communication methods to generate community interest in people’s development. For this, we organized advocacy and awareness workshops, media conferences etc, and used innovative ideas such as specially prepared Canopy demonstrations and folk music performances.
Outline of key results achieved in sector area in recent years, including recognition received at local/national/global level for the work in the sector area
- We are engaged with the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Rajasthan for media advocacy and awareness campaigns.
- We are also engaged with Governments: Panchayati Raj Department, Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation, Planning Board, Medical and Health department, Education department and many other civil society organizations and many international organizations for media advocacy, awareness campaigns and organize programs for social and economic development.
- Prasar Bharti’s Doordarshan Kendra, Jaipur in 2017 appreciated the contribution provided by Lok Samvad Sansthan for featuring social issues feature films for telecasting in the state. The films were “Narri ki Garima, Bal Vivah Mukt Rajasthan, Bal Shram and Vikastmat Patrakarita.(Developmental Journalism)
- CIVICUS is a global alliance of civil society organizations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society throughout the world has appreciated LOK SAMVAD SANSTHAN’s work and contribution during 2020.
(CIVICUS was established in 1993 and since 2002 has been proudly headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional hubs across the globe. We are a membership alliance with more than 9,000 members in more than 175 countries.)
- For the Excellence, initiative and drive for innovation in the Non- Profit Sector, Second National PRSI Awards-2020 was presented to LSS by Union Education Minister, UP Governor and National President Dr Ajit Pathak in Dehradun.
- Lok Samvad Sansthan was awarded the third National Prize for Public Campaign Awareness by the PUBLIC RELATIONS SOCIETY OF INDIA during its National awards ceremony at the 37th PRSI Conference during December 25-27,2015 at Hotel Regenta, Ahmadabad.
- The CMS, which is a non-profit organization and multidisciplinary development research and facilitative think tank, appreciated the support and encouragement given by LSS to the “B for Change” campaign for youths in 2014.
- The Government of India, under the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights Commission (NCPCCR), constituted a working committee to deal with the issue of child labour in mining and quarries and the related matters has appointed Kalyan Singh Kothari, secretary of LSS, as its member in 2012.